Beckham was super brave as usual and went on all the rides...even the scary ones!
Jane waited to go on the more reasonable looking ones :)
This ride went soooo fast. At one point Beckham began to slump over and I was sure he was going to pass out :( Thankfully, he didn't. What a trooper!
Jane riding on a cute little ferris wheel.
The boat ride with a Mermaid in the middle was a must!!
The kids loved Funland and didn't want to leave. However, more adventures awaited us on Assateague Island where we would be camping fro the night on the beach!! Our campsite was very nice and had warm showers...I was especially grateful for that- hehe!! The kids couldn't wait to get on the beach to play in the sand and swim. To our surprise there were lots of wild ponies roaming the beach. Oh, I felt like we were in a movie it was so beautiful!!
I sat on the beach reading and enjoying the view...
The kids playing in the sand :)
Once we got all cleaned up from the beach we had a lovely hot dog dinner :) The wind helped keep all the bugs away as well as the heat!!. So, it was quite a pleasant evening!
And of course, we had smores while the sun set behind us.
Our bedtime treat was popcorn while we watched a movie in the tent!!
The next morning, we were greeted with a beautiful sunrise!!! So we watched it from the beach.
The beautiful wild ponies were there too. It really was quite magical :)
On our way home from our amazing adventure, we stopped off in Ocean city and went miniature golfing. I had no idea the kids were going to love it as much as they did :) We had a blast...even though I lost miserably to Ryan.
What a wonderful day we had filled with more memory making!! I love my little family so much:)
3 comments:
That seriously looks so magical!! What a cool experience! Your kids look soooo darling and grown up! what a fun adventure!!! Love and miss you guys so much!
This looks SO fun!! You are going to have to make a list of all the things you've done and share with us! We are so glad we get to know you while we're here. Thanks for sharing your adventures and your kindness with our family.
Mary!! I'm sitting here at 1am catching up on all your posts!!! I'm sorry I haven't read your blog, or any blog for that matter, in such a long time. I have just spent the last 3 hours posting things from the summer and still have more to do. Before I went to bed I had to find you and see what you were up to.
OMG, you are the best mom/teacher EVER!! You are doing so many fun things with Beckham and he is getting so big by doing all those things.
This post, camping on the beach, just heavenly! Horses on the beach?!? How cool. YOu guys are having some incredible experiences in Dover, looks like life is just grand. :)
And I don't know if you have posted yet, I think it's private to say this here, but congrats!!! ;) Your mom told me when I was in Utah last month. So excited for you guys!
Well, anyway, I'm so tired and off to bed but I love you and really need to read this more often. Give those kids big hugs from all of us in Oklahoma. :) xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment