
I am one of those people who should not be allowed to have any set of keys at any time. I am absolutely positive I have set some sort of record for losing keys or locking them in my car or what have you!! I mean lets call the Guiness Book people right now- because NO ONE has had "key mishaps" as often as I have. Today is just one of MANY similar experiences!!
Today, I had just arrived home from "Moms and Tots" and was gleefully humming (I was happy because the morning had gone smoothly so far) as I absently mindedly took the keys out of the ignition, put them in my purse, set it on the seat next to me, got Jane out of the car, locked the car and then closed all doors... But oops...it seems I had forgotton one very vital step...to bring my purse with me! That's right folks- for the 107th time (or something not far from that) I had locked my keys in my car. However this time, I had managed to take it a step farther and lock my house keys, car keys and phone in the car as well. They were all in there having one big party, as I was swiftly losing my cool outside as I gazed desperately through the window.
Today, I had just arrived home from "Moms and Tots" and was gleefully humming (I was happy because the morning had gone smoothly so far) as I absently mindedly took the keys out of the ignition, put them in my purse, set it on the seat next to me, got Jane out of the car, locked the car and then closed all doors... But oops...it seems I had forgotton one very vital step...to bring my purse with me! That's right folks- for the 107th time (or something not far from that) I had locked my keys in my car. However this time, I had managed to take it a step farther and lock my house keys, car keys and phone in the car as well. They were all in there having one big party, as I was swiftly losing my cool outside as I gazed desperately through the window.
I began to get frantic as I silently weighed my options and slowly realized...I had none!!! After going to several neighbors houses, a very tired and restless baby in my arms, someone finally opened the door. I called the police on their phone. "Is this an emergency?" the lady asked. YEEEEEEEEES I screamed in my head. While outloud I managed to maintain my calm and collected fisad (is that how that is spelled?-oh well). "No, I just locked my keys in my car." I said, a fake smile printed on my face. "We can't help you was all the answer I got. I wanted to freak out- but there were people watching me...it would have to wait until later...
Finally, I called the park's tow company and 30 minutes later they came to my resucue. And belive it or not Jane is napping right now and all is right with the world- despite that minor glitch. However, life would still be easier if we never had to use keys...EVER!!
3 comments:
I love this story, typical Mary!!! How do you function?!?! just kidding your absolutely amazing!!! Love you!
haha i love your stories Mary! I locked myself out of my house once- but luckily i still had my phone and car keys so i could sit in the car while i waited to be rescued.
You crack me up mar! This story has you written all over it. I hope Ryan had a great Birthday. Ok...your last comment on my blog as me wondering about something. Why aren't we going to get to play v-ball together? Do you have something you need to tell me? I am ready to play. ARe you in a league? I have waited 3 weeks that is good enough right?
Post a Comment