Sunday, September 29, 2013

Do I Really Have a Six Year Old??

 I CANNOT believe my baby is 6!!!  I must admit...I am feeling rather aged by this fact.  However, Jane gets so excited for her birthday, so I can forget about how old I actually am while I have a blast making it a  special day for her :) We decided to have a relaxed party with all our wonderful friends and neighbors!! And it was a blast!!  Here I am setting up!
 Jane's dear friend from across the street had to leave early so she let Jane open her present very first!!
 
 Here is the banquet table :) Those are lanterns in the middle with lights, and boxes of various types of candy in between!! Very fancy for Jane's sake...She eats that stuff up!!
 We had lots of goodies and delicious things to eat!!
 Here is Jane's VERY fancy cake!!  She drew me a diagram of what she wanted her cake to look like and I did the best I could to meet her expectations.  I think she approved :)
 Here are Jane and a few of her good friends!! 
 Blowing out candles on a very windy day is difficult!!
 Here are some of the kids enjoying their cake and ice cream!!
 After cake eating, all the kids loved riding their bikes and scooters around.
 Opening presents is always fun!!
 Here is Jane giving a big, thank you hug to one of her friends.
 This is the darling sweater Jane got.
 I had to take a picture with the birthday girl!!  I wish she would just stop growing...
 Jane's friend from across the street is taking a cake decorating class and decided to make Jane a special birthday cake.  It turned out amazing!! And Jane felt very special eating her second birthday cake!!
Well, I am so proud of my sweet baby girl who is not such a baby anymore :( We have so enjoyed watching her grow up.  She is so smart and talented and very tenacious!!! We love our Janey!!

2 comments:

Terry and Christina said...

I love Jane Too!! She is definitely growing up and is so beautiful!! Your party looked amazing and lets just talk about your cake!?!?!?! It was amazing! I need to see a close up of that thing! SOOOOOO wish we could have been there to celebrate with her! Happy bday to jane! Love you guys!

Karen said...

You sure know how to make Jane feel special with all of the details you put into celebrating her day. The cake and decorations were all very impressive.