Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Very Special School Year!!

 Miss Jane started Kindergarten this past Monday!!  She has been insanely excited about Kindergarten for months now!! I have been far LESS excited, however.  I will miss having my sweet girl around.  Seven hours is such a long time to be away from me and not under my wing of safety...if you know what i mean.  I worry about her and miss her alot.  But, I know she is loving it- so I am happy for her.  It mayjust take some getting used to. :(

I decided to start a new family tradition and have a back to school dinner/celebration the night before the first day of school.  I stole this idea but made it my own by having a "school" theme and Jane's favorite dinner, french dip sandwhiches.
 I made "book" place mats by using pictures from some of our favorite children's books.  We had school bus salads and juice boxes, and a special "pencil" treat!!
 I had "teacher's apples" treats made out of doughnut holes...
I chose a "school year" theme so Jane and Beckham could have some good goals for their school year.  I thought Gordon B. Hinkley's B-attitudes would be very appropriate!!  We talked about each one and how Jane and Beckham could use them to try hard and be good during school.
 I also made special "Pencil" crowns...or pencil turbans as Ryan called them-hehe... just to make them feel extra special



 Then came the first day...and all the mixed emotions :) Jane was so excited but I could tell she was a little nervous, too. I was happy for her but oh so very sad.  Jane picked out her own outfit...and backpack :)
 We had a lovely walk to school, accompanied by hundreds of other excited children all around also walking to school with their families.  I love that her school is a five minute walk from my house!! She has lots of friends from our neighborhood and ward in her class. She loves her teacher, too!! Here she is sitting next to one of her best girl friends, Isabel!!
She has been extra tired but has loved Kindergarten so far! Beckham and I miss her at home with us, but we are having our own school fun (more to come later:)). We are so proud of our Janey and love her so much!!

1 comment:

Terry and Christina said...

I can't believe she is in all day kindergarten...but i'm sure she loves it!!! Your dinner looked amazing!! You are such a good mom! We really need to live next to each other so that some of your amazingness can rub off on me!!!