Saturday, August 17, 2013

East Coast Adventures!!

 We have had so many wonderful new experiences while here in the East.  Here are just a few more... It rains here on the East coast a lot more than I am used to.  This was the lake we had outside our window during one particularly rainy day...
 To stay entertained, we crafted!!

 We discovered a gorgeous, old town called Odessa, when we went on a double date with some friends!!  I am telling you, this is the most gorgeous little street I have ever seen.  I wish I had gotten a picture of it :( At least I got a picture of our new favorite restaurant on the street, Cantwell Tavern.  It is built inside of a very old hotel!! The food is amazing and the atmosphere is the prettiest!!! Love it!!

 When there is no rain here...it is HOT and HUMID.  So, we have done a lot of swimming this summer. At the free little pool on base and just at home!
 My kids could do this for hours!!
 One weekend, we set off to find something fun to do and ended up having such a great day.  Ryan took us to a yummy creamery where we got delicious ice cream!!
 It just so happened that there was a bluegrass festival going on at the creamery as well!! It was truly amazing experience to hear all these great musicians come together and just play even though they had never played together before!!  They sounded so great!!
 One man even let Jane and Beckham play his mandolin with the group as they played!!
 Then we went on a walk through some beautiful Pennsylvania woods!!  It was hot, but we had a great little adventure!!

 It as a beautiful little walk...I simply refuse to call it a hike even though they touted it as that.  Not according to this Utah gal!! :)
I cannot believe summer is almost over and Jane will start KINDERGARTEN in just over a week :( boo hoo!!  It has gone by way too fast.  But, at least I can say that we made the best of it and had another amazing summer!!

No comments: