Monday, March 30, 2015

Another St. Patty's Day!!

When I started our little St. Patrick's Day traditions several years ago, I never could have imagined how much my kids would look forward to making and setting their leprechaun traps :) Who knows how many more years I have of them loving these little traditions? So, I am trying to enjoy every second of their sweet excitement over such simple things!! We had so much fun this year doing it. And I was quite impressed with my kids' creativity :)

Here is just a darling picture of Jane and Beckham having a sleep over :)!!
Both Beckham and Jane were both quite determined to catch a leprechaun :) and worked real hard to make their traps extra enticing for the leprechauns!

 We make our leprechaun traps this year as part of a very special Family Home Evening where we learned a bit about our family history. We are doing an FHE like this once a month! It has been fun so far! We read about my great grandma Horrigan's life! My family is part Irish, so talking about some of my heritage seemed appropriate for St. Patty's Day!  Here are the kids with their traps all set up and ready to catch an unsuspecting leprechaun:)


 I loved their clever trickery. Jane's was filled with gold she cut from paper and put a sign on it that said "leprechauns invited- silver and gold store"
 Beckham had a tree in his to make his trap feel homey, I guess, for the leprechauns! Hehe!!
 Though we did not catch a leprechaun...the kids did wake up to a lot of mischevious messes from the leprechauns and chocolate gold coins!!


 Of course, I made Corned beef and cabbage like I do every year...however, I am starting to realize that I may be the only one who really likes that dish- hehe:)
 I just love St. Patty's Day so much!! And I love that my kids have so much fun doing our little family traditions :)

Just this past week, Jane got two awards at her awards assembly!! Way to go Jane!!

Little Elsie is just growing so fast!! I cannot believe she is going to be 1 in just 2 weeks!! She has a super fun personality and we all just adore having her in our family!! She has started to walk really well lately! She is super busy and determined, so I am not surprised she has been my earliest walker. She just looked so cute in her jammies, so I had to snap a few pics of this sweet little lady!! We sure love her!



1 comment:

noodle said...

oh man your soo good at holidays...it looks so cute and fun! Love all those kids!!