Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010!!

Christmas this year was such a blast!! Last year I had a new born baby and a recent surgery to make me slightly less lively at Christmas time!! So, it was so fun this year to really be able to make the most of Christmas. We had a great Christmas Eve! This year we began the day by taking a ride around the Provo Town Mall on the "Mini Express." It's the cutest little train ever! Jane and Beckham both loved it!
Daddy liked it, too :)
Later on, each of the kids got to open a present. Of course, it was new jammies! Beckham got "Cars" jammies and Jane naturally got princess ones!
The evening of Christmas Eve, my whole family came over for a party and our traditional "Shepherd's dinner". Almost everyone was here this year which was fun! Bryan and Wendy came from Cali and Jared and Heather were here for Christmas for the first time in a long time. We missed Matthew and Courtney, but we had a blast :) Here are Braden, Ashton and Jane making reindeer horns...
...and here is the finished product. They were all very creative and they turned out so cute!
And of course, here is the magnificent spread of food for our "Shepherd's dinner" which gets larger and better and coincidentally less Shepherd's dinner-ish every year! It is delicious and fun though:)
Everyone enjoyed the food a lot...the company wasn't that bad either :) I have cherished this Christmas Eve tradition for many years and am so honored to be able to host it these passed few years!!
Wendy got to open a special gift from Beckham this Christmas Eve. A month ago, when Bryan and Wendy hosted us at their house in California, Beckham managed to find a hand made doggie bowl that belonged to their darling dog, "Bernie" and BROKE it...I was horrified. So, I made a replacement for them at Color Me Mine.
Hopefully Bernie likes it :)
Here's Mae being a little sweetie to Beckham even though he bit her so hard it nearly broke the skin...again, I was horrified. She's a good sport, and such a doll!!
Once all the Christmas Eve fun died down and everyone went home. Jane and daddy set out some cookies and milk for Santa and spread our magical reindeer dust outside to ensure that Santa would visit our house that night :)
I worked cause the next morning, Santa had come and left our kids some wonderful surprises. We are very blessed!! Beckham's favorite was by far his awesome rideable dump truck!!
Here's Jane opening her stocking!!
She got all things princess this Christmas :)
Jane's favorite was most definitely her Belle dress :)
After Christmas morning at our house, we went to my mom's house. Here's all the kids trying out their new pillow pets from my mom!
It was here that i got to hold my darling newest nephew, Jack. It was so much fun, I didn't want to let him go :) He is such an angel!
The next stop was at Ryan's parents' house where we enjoyed a delicious prime rib dinner. Ryan's mom is so amazing! Here is Beckham playing with the potpourri rather than his presents...crazy boy!

The night ended off with a visit to my dad's house!! Jane, Braden and Ashton were reunited and had a great time playing!!
Poor Ryan slept the whole time. Honestly, Ryan spent most of the day like this. We found out after Christmas that the poor guy had Bronchitis for the passed two weeks. No wonder he was so tired!
Well, another WONDERFUL Christmas has come and gone too fast!! But I am looking forward to a new year filled with more amazing memories and adventures!!

2 comments:

Terry and Christina said...

What a fun Christmas you had! I loved being able to spend some time with you as well! Here's to a great 2011!! You have the cutest family and do such a great job making things special! I really want to be more like you :)

Heather Harper said...

Cute pictures! I stole a couple of them and saved them on my computer. teehee!