Jane saved Beckham's life!! A few days ago, I was talking to my brother on the phone while Ryan was watching the kids and doing this and that around the house. As I was talking, I noticed that Ryan went outside on our deck and left the door open. Any door left open in our house leads to a swift and speedy escape by both of our kids. Ryan is well aware of this fact. So, I assumed Ryan took Beckham outside with him otherwise he wouldn't have left the door open. So, I continued my conversation.
I saw Jane go outside who often plays on our deck and didn't think much of it. A few minutes passed and Ryan had not come inside yet. I had a nagging feeling that I should just go check to make sure Ryan had Beckham and Jane with him. However, I temporarily ignored it since I was occupied, jotting down addresses that I had asked my brother for.
Suddenly, I heard Jane yelling "Beckham, No! No, Beckham, no!" This sound is not unusual, since Jane and Beckham aren't the best at sharing- and fighting occurs often. However, I had a bad feeling about this one and I immediately ran outside to see Beckham at the top of the staircase to our deck ready to head down. And sweet little Jane had her arms wrapped around Beckham's waist, trying to stop him...looking seriously concerned. I ran and rescued Beckham and no one was hurt thanks to Beckham's sweet big sister Jane.
Though that was a very scary moment, it was so sweet to see that Jane was so concerned for her little brother. All this time, I was thinking that Jane disliked Beckham. When he was young, I couldn't leave them in the same room together. Jane was mean and sometimes mildly violent towards Beckham. And they fight all the time, even still. BUT, now I know that even though they may not get along super well, yet...they really do LOVE each other no matter what :) That was a really sweet moment for me and one I will always remember.
I love our sweet kids!!
2 comments:
That really is soo sweet of Jane! What a big responsible sister she is becoming! How sad would that have really been if he really went off the steps!?!?
Wow what a great big sister! Glad me and Christina had great ones like Jane looking out for us our whole lives too :)
Post a Comment