This past Saturday, Ryan and I decided to go to the zoo with Jane!!! It was "Mommy and me" day in honor of Mother's day!!! All we had to do was buy shirts from Macey's specifically designed for "Mommy and Me" day. They were so cute- they had various zoo animals on them and the words "Mommy and Me" printed on them.
We got up early, I packed a ginormous bag for Jane with every possible item she may ever need, and we were off to the zoo. Upon arrival Ryan decided his "Mommy and Me" shirt was too large so he asked the lady selling t-shirts if he could exchange his for a medium. Now, Ryan was not too enthused about having to wear a "Mommy and Me" shirt around all day, so when he came frolicking back to me, claiming (with a false sense of regret, I might add) that the lady had accidentally given him a child's medium making him unable to wear his "Mommy and Me"shirt all day... I figured he thought he had fooled me. I am smarter than that- but I let him bask in his little triumph. Oh well, I wore my shirt while Ryan wore his normal boring clothes...party pooper.
Jane loved the monkeys, she was enthralled with them. She can be a little monkey herself sometimes-rolling around everywhere, getting into everything, putting anything and everything in her mouth and pooping whenever she pleases... I figured she sort-of related to them on a higher level. Ryan loved the orangutans. Funny, I sort of thought of him as I observed them...love ya hun!!! My favorite was the albino alligator- just a regular alligator but what made him special was his complete lack if pigmentation of any kind...I can relate buddy. I was pregnant all last summer and have a baby this summer...I don't get out much, and hence that is where MY lack of pigmentation comes from!!!
Overall, it was a great adventure!!
2 comments:
Mary! I love it! You are such a good writer, except for the part where you said you "were an ebglish teacher." hahaha.
We miss you guys! Jared said "Jane doesn't look like Jane anymore." Well, babies grow up and change, but she's still cute no matter what!
Now what you need to do is add our blog name to your blog so you can just click on the link. Call me and I'll tell you how to do that. And when you want to learn how to do a slide show and stuff, it's fun....and addicting so watch out!
Love you guys!! xoxoxoxoxo
Hey Mary, It was so cool to get to see your daughter and how dang cute she is. We are doing well and living in Murray in apartments right off state street. I am due in 12 weeks with a boy and Jess is due in 10 weeks with a girl. Pregnancy is such an adventure, it reminds me of being 16 again....oh the hormones. Next time you head up this way you should stop in and say hello. I would love to see you and your family. Love ya, Autumn
Post a Comment