Friday, May 30, 2008

We dream big!!

I would say that our lives are currently quite humble. I mean, we live in a double wide for heaven sakes... So, you can imagine how excited we get when we think about our future, far far away from this mobile home park.
Ryan woke up a few days ago and said that he had the most vivid dream. As we were driving to a near by park to play frisbee golf (our new favorite pastime...very very humble lives...) he was anxious to delight me with the details, so I listened intently. His dreams are always rather entertaining.
He was a finalist in the "American Idol" singing competition. He was about to go on stage and perform for his life...one...last...time. Surrounded by busy make-up people, wardrobe people, singing coaches and bright lights, Ryan struggled to calm his nerves. He was feeling good in his shnazzy and very festive red, white and blue jumpsuit. The manly tassels on the arms of his jumpsuit swayed as he moved towards the stage with hundreds of screaming fans calling out his name. He pulled open the curtains and there he stood, bright and shiny as a penny in his jumpsuit for the whole world to see. The crowd went silent and the intro began...Ryan's voice rang clear-"Tainted love, you've got to... run away...you've got to...get away..."Ryan sang "Tainted Love" with all his might. The crowd went wild and joined in the 80's spledor. Once the song was complete, Ryan bowed triumphantly and ran off the stage to the sound of the voctorious cheers of his praise...
Now, Ryan didn't stay asleep long enough to see of he had won, but for a moment he was really something in the world... Oh how I love Ryan's dreams!!

2 comments:

Terry and Christina said...

I laughed sooooo dang hard when i read this!! Ryan is pretty much the coolest person ever!! oh i miss you both way too much!!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha,
That is the funniest thing I have ever read. Thank heavens for Ryan's creative imagination and your amazing way of putting things into words. You two are our favorite couple in the world.