Well, Ryan left for a very LONG Air Force training a few days ago. He will be gone for two months!! He was also gone for his 30th birthday. So, we were sure to celebrate before he left.
The kids made Ryan some very special birthday cards!! I can't believe I don't have pictures of the finished products!! They worked so hard :)
We went out to dinner!! And I had an array of very special treats at home for us to sample :) For his birthday we got Ryan new tires on his bike!! And he is getting new glasses very soon!!
The kids loved trying each one of the delicious cakes!
Ryan had to leave early in the morning, so he sat and cuddled with the kids on the couch for a bit before he had to go:( I am pretty sure the kids DO NOT grasp the concept of two months yet- boo hoo:(
And I had to snap one picture of Ry in his "packed to the brim" car before he left. As one last birthday present, I put together a travel kit for him full of breakfast bars, treats, drinks, beef jerky, a McDonald gift card and more!! I didn't want this guy falling asleep at the wheel... He'll have enough snacks and treats to drive across the country if he needed to :)
Well, it pretty much stinks to think about the kids and I being alone for that long, but we are so proud of Ryan and are so thankful for all of his hard work!! Good Luck at SOS, Ry!!!
1 comment:
Mary - I didn't realize you guys will be coming to TRAVIS!!! You will be right by Matthew again AND the rest of your Northern California family!!! I am only maybe 45 mins away. Will be fun to have you close by. I can get to know your kids…new one too! I will help as much as I can. Kids can come visit, stay, play in my playhouse. My house can be a little get away! NOW - where is Ryan going for two months? You said across the country so must be here somewhere close??? By the way I have typed this message several times to no avail. The code thing messes me up and blocks it all for some reason. Anyway - hope this finds you and you let me know the plan…like when you will be coming, baby born before or after and all that!!! Love, Julie
Post a Comment