Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Is This Unusual?

So, I feel like my children get sick more than your average child. Although, I am sure every parent feels like that every now and then. HOWEVER, I am not joking or exaggerating when I say...my kids get sick often!! And they never get just a little sick...it's always A LOT sick!!

Example: EVERY SINGLE TIME, without fail, that either of my kids have gotten a cold, it has turned into a vicious croup cough. For this alone we can attribute at least 5 or 6 Emergency Room visits in the middle of the night... and an innumerable amount of steroid shots to open up their airways enabling them to breath...YUCK!!

Jane has had the swine flu...the most scary and horrendous 7 days of my life. On a completely separate occasion, Jane had a case of the flu that lasted 5 days...5 days of throwing up!!

Since we have been here in Delaware my kids have each had hand, foot, mouth disease 2 times each!! I didn't even think that was possible...I was under the impression that once you got this disease you were immune to it...sort of like the chicken pox. I am here to tell you that is untrue!

For nearly the whole month of February, Jane and Beckham just switched off getting yet another terrible case of croup. Beckham had it 2 times and the poor little dude has just had some sort of stomach bug today, resulting in a day of throwing up. JOY!!

Well, a little ranting and raving HAS actually made me feel a little better. Here's to the coming of spring and summer and with it...less sickness!!

2 comments:

Terry and Christina said...

seriously, your kids do seem to get sick a lot! But I used to think Mae hardly ever got sick and this year she has gotten throw up sick like 3 times! Crazy!! Definitely, here is to the spring and summer coming with less sickness!! Can't wait to come and see you guys! Hopefully everybody with be healthy :)

Heather Harper said...

I'm sorry Mary!!! I have to admit that it seems like your kids do get sick a lot, but after having sickness in our house for the last month, it's probably normal. (maybe not the steroid shots and trips the ER, but the coughing and throwing up.) At least Jane and Beckham have the best mommy in the world to take care of them!!

I was just going to blog about sickness too; I finally think (knock on wood) that no one in our family is sick anymore. :) It's been the greatest weather here. I am SO EXCITED for spring and summer!

Love you!