Well, Ryan is home!!! And it has been SO WONDERFUL having him home:) The kids have really loved having good ol' CRAZY fun daddy home!!
One of the first things Ryan had to do when he got home, was go to a doc appointment to get some moles removed. NOT FUN!! There were three on his back and the butcher...I mean, doctor Ryan goes to for that really does not have a gentle touch. He creates gaping holes, and Ryan comes home with stitches everywhere. Double yuck!!!
One day Ryan gently asked me if I would remove the stitches for him so he could avoid going to another Doc apt. I was unsure why he would want me doing such a thing seeing as how I get faint at the sight of a bandaid being removed?! I said I could try but was not making any guarantees.
Well, the day arrived and as it turns out, Ryan had planned all along to actually have me attempt this impossible task! He asked me in the morning, and I again said I would try but wasn't promising any actual results. The evening came, the kids were all snug in their beds. I rushed to the couch, escaping into a blanket, and turned on the tv. I put on my best "Super Sleepy" face, hoping this would thwart his plan. It didn't... In fact, he came into the room ready to roll, supplies in hand.
Ryan gave me some quick instructions and away we went. Not to anyone's surprise (Ryan might have been a little surprised) at the first sight of the stitched I was about to man-handle, I got faint, dizzy, breathing short, fast paced breaths. Again, I attempted to get Ryan to give up and call the doctors office because there was little chance I was going to make it through this with my consciousness.
Ryan was annoyingly persistent. Somehow I mucked my way through the first set of stitches and managed to have them out without me fully knowing how. At this point, the room was spinning and I felt the world growing dim. Ryan...stunned...began to laugh near hysterically at my reaction. I thought, for sure, my ordeal would be over. There would be no way Ryan would expect me to get through the next two sets of stitches coherently...
I was wrong again. "I didn't think you would have actually been able to do it! Now I know you can do the others, too!"Ryan announced happily. Cursed by my own dumb luck!! After several minutes of deep breaths and my head between my knees, Ryan handed me the tools and away we went...AGAIN!!! The second the tweezers touched the stitch....my breathing got short and quick. Ryan laughed again...the audacity!! Forcing myself to breath deeply, I miraculously managed to do the other two with more ease than even the first.
I was proud of myself for doing it...however, I felt fainter than ever. I sunk into the chair I was sitting on, closed my eyes as the room spun, and forced myself to breath deeply to help control the nausea. I was careful not to allow even a glance at the removed thread sitting on the table next to me, which instantly made me sick. Ryan helped transfer me to the couch where I laid...unable to move...for a good fifteen minutes...breathing deeply the whole time.
Ridiculous....I know! But the bottom line is...those darn stitches are GONE!!! All thanks to me! It should be of little consequence how gracefully it was done...Right? :)
5 comments:
I am impressed mare! I thought for sure you weren't going to be able to do it!! That is such a funny story! I can't wait to come visit!!
that comment is from me, christina, not sure why it says noodle...
Mary, Got your blog address from the Tolman newsletter. So fun to catch up on your family. What beautiful children! ~Melanie Allen
Mary! That is soooo funny! Good job!
Wow! I am impressed. I am the exact same way. After I had my foot surgery, Jake had to take my bandages off for me to get into the bath and I would cover my eyes the entire bath because it made me sick to look at my huge incision! Good for you, I hope you never have to do that again.
Post a Comment