Thursday, October 6, 2011

Welcome Fall and Fifer Farms!!

I LOVE FALL!!! And though I miss Fall in Utah so very much...it has been fun to decorate our new house for Fall and to explore the Fall fun here in Delaware!! We are planning on getting more pumpkins, but here are the beginnings of our Fall outdoor decor :)
I loved this little sign...the star turns around to say "out"!!
Ryan worked so hard one evening to get all these new plants planted, one large bush removed and a few old ones trimmed before dark. I think he did a fabulous job!!
Here's the Dick fam at Fifer Farms to enjoy the "Fall Festival". This was such a darling little farm with tons of fresh produce, your own apple picking, homemade apple cider slushies, and apple cider doughnuts!! It was a fun fun Fall day!!
Beckham sat on this darling little train ride for awhile...however, he started crying before the ride could actually begin and needed to get out...oh well!!
Jane LOVED it though!!
Beckham did LOVE the little horse tire swings so very much!! They were so darling that I commissioned Ryan to make one for our future yard one day using this very pic as a reference...we will see if it happens one day :)
A huge hay spider...so fun!!
Jane got to ride on the swings as well!
This was so fun...and another thing I want Ryan to put together somehow on our back patio :) It was a huge play area filled with millions of corn kernels to dig in and roll around in. All the kids had so much fun, especially Beckham!
Ryan caught Jane mid sentence... "Hi, my name is Jane. What's your name?" I taught her to say this to other little kids long ago in an effort to help her make friends and she still uses the tactic now whenever she wants to meet a new friend. It is working, too :) She is so DARLING!!
Ryan sent poor Beckham down this slide willy nilly...it may look like it is going well; however, just seconds after this picture was taken he fell over and slid the rest of the way down backwards and on his belly...frightened to death! That's good ol' Daddy for ya :)
Beckham was just fine and loved going down again and again...on someones lap that is. Check out my face!! This huge slide was fast and admittedly, a little scary...haha (lookin goood Mare...yikes)
Here's one of Ry earning Beckham's trust back by taking him down the slide :)
The kids got to paint pumpkins and they loved it. And here I am cleaning up after them obsessively... hehe.
Beckham in a corn husk tunnel...
Jane on a hay tractor. This little festival was so creative with the hay!!
Beckham loves any kind of truck so he felt pretty cool doing this!
There were tractor races. Beckham wasn't half bad even though he had to cheat just a little and use his feet :)
Jane loved going FAST.
We got to hold and pet a little chick on the way out!
What a fun Fall family outing this was. I love my little family and our adventures :)

2 comments:

Terry and Christina said...

Looks like a ton of fun mare! What a fun place! I definitely need to find something like that here!!

Kelly and Jean said...

Hey Mary and Ryan,
This looks like Thanksgiving Point, without all the millions of kids!
What a fun day.