Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Jane turns Fabulous 4!!

Jane had a FABULOUS birthday party just this past Saturday!! We had so many neighbors, friends and even some family come! It was sooooo much fun, even though I still missed my family back home terribly :) Of course, the party was princess themed and I tried to make it as amazing as I could with our budget. I made ALL the decorations and the lunch for the adults and the kids as well as ALL the deserts...whew it was labor intensive to say the least..but I had fun doing it, too!!

The kids got to sit at their very own princess banquet table, complete with their own place settings with stickers and a blow toy at each spot...
Here's Jane's Happy Birthday sign I made...the picture makes it look underwhelming but try to look at it close up...it was super cute!
Overflow seating...:)
Here's my desert display. There were cookie wands with a candy center for the kids as they left, Ring pops (perfect princess accessory), Lemon butter cream cupcakes with Raspberry frosting, and a Cinderella Cake just for Jane :) I made Jean's delicious chocolate cake recipe for everyone else...yum!!
As everyone walked into the party, they were greeted by Jane's box castle...I worked every night for a full WEEK on that thing...but the kids had so much fun in it!!
All the kids were able to decorate a crown or a shield at the craft table :)
Close up of the cupcakes...with crowns on top :)
Try not to look too closely at thjs pic... she looks much better from far away...hehe!!
I had to try over and over again before I got these to turn out...oh well they were darling anyway :)
Pin the kiss on the frog game...it was way too chaotic to play this :( So it didn't even get payed...oh well.
Another shot of my beautiful castle...It is now in ruins, sitting in our garage...sad!!
Here is Jane with her REALLY GOOD friend, Addy eating lunch!
Beckham loved climbing on the castle...
All the kids enjoying the craft...so cute!
MAtthew, Edward and Charlotte...I loved that they could come. It was so nice to have family there :)
Present time...AKA...complete pandemonium!!

Here is Jane admiring her cake and blowing out the candle!!
Courtney and Harry...gotta love naked babies:)!!!
It was so nice to have the park right out back for the kids to play on when they got bored inside...it was a saving grace at many points!!

Jane and cousin charlotte...darling! Jane is wearing her Rapunzel dress that she got that day!!
So, this party was a TON of work (I mean 3 weeks worth of work for me), chaotic and crazy at points, and hectic for me...however, it was the funnest time ever!! I am so grateful that we have so many wonderful friends here already who helped us make this day so special for Jane. We have been VERY blessed :) I can't belive my little gal is 4...Yikes!! Happy Birthday Jane :)

3 comments:

Terry and Christina said...

oh wow mare, you have out done your self! this party was AMAZING!!! how fun! it was cute to see all the girls with their decorated crowns on! It really was so darling and gourmet, the whole thing! wish i could have been there! love ya!

Kelly and Jean said...

This party looks so fun. You should be a party planner. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. We love and miss you all.

Julie Child said...

Mary Mary Mary....thank you so so so much for doing your blog. It is so much fun to follow you and your darling little family! And now, to see Matthew and family too...just so much fun to look weekly to see what is happening. As Christina said you really outdid yourself on that BD party for Jane. Looked professional for sure....hope you got to rest a bit after it was all over! Fun to do while they are little that is for sure. Keep up the blog...I enjoy it so. Love to all of you...Aunt Julie