Monday, March 21, 2011

St. Patty's Day!!!

I love St. Patrick's Day!!! It's a fun holiday that precedes SPRING and warm weather...yay!! Last year, we started a tradition of making a leprechaun trap with Jane, setting it, and hoping we catch one of the sneaky little guys the next morning!! And so the search continued this year. Here's Jane on St. Patrick's day morning, next to the trap we made together :) Did we catch one???
Not this year, but he did leave behind some of his gold coins and a special clover bracelet for Jane to wear to school so no one would pinch her :)
Jane, as usual, was thrilled at the surprise and was not at all sad about not catching a leprechaun.
Later on that evening, I made the traditional Irish dish, corned beef and cabbage. We have this every year on St.Patty's day! I know it doesn't look like much, but it really is so delicious!
I hope your St. Patrick's Day was as wonderful as ours was :)

3 comments:

Karli Anderson said...

Awesome background Mary and your kids are adorable!!! Have a happy Easter. Tell Ryan hi for me.

robandkayla said...

I love that idea of making a leprechaun trap! I might have to steal that idea from ya :) You are such a cute mom!

Terry and Christina said...

you really are such a cute mom mare!! you are such an amazing person, i hope you know that! love you
6lkqDR That was from Mae :)