Friday, January 21, 2011

Grateful for the two men in my life tonight!!



Wanna hear a scary story? Well, Ryan saved Beckham's life tonight. We had gone to Macey's and Ryan gave both the kids a sucker to keep them happy...it was getting late :) Beckham has eaten many suckers before and has NEVER given any cause to worry about him eating one. We hopped in the car and were headed to Cafe Rio to grab our dinner...yummo!!

We were nearly there when all of a sudden, Ryan pulled the car over very abruptly. I had no idea what he was doing until I heard a faint gasping sound coming from the back of the car. I had no idea how Ryan caught that small sound...but his super human hearing could have saved Beckham's life. Ryan and I both jumped from the car as fast as we could, realizing that Beckham must have been choking on his sucker. We opened the car door to see Beckham completely gasping for air, tears of fear in his poor little eyes, yet no air was going either in or out.

Being totally useless in situations like these, I began to cry and gasp for breath myself. Ryan, however, yanked Beckham out of the car without hesitation and bent him over his knee and began pounding on his back. Beckham, soon threw up all over Ryan's shoe and along with the throw up was the retched sucker that had been completely blocking his airway. Beckham began to cry...the best noise in the world at a time like that.

I scooped Beckham up in my arms and instantly began crying. I cried because I was grateful he was ok, I cried because I was scared thinking of how differently things could have been going, and I cried because I was so thankful that Ryan was there and literally, like a super hero, saved the day!!

Beckham is now sleeping, peacefully in his bed. And I am left podering how much I love that sweet boy...how grateful I am he is in my life. I love his funny little walk, I love how he "tries" to sings to the lullaby song on the good night show, I love the huge, toothy grin I get whenever I smile at him, I love the way he screams with glee with his goofy little boy voice every time you chase him, and I love the snuggle hugs he gives me every day...whenever I ask for one.

I am also immensely grateful for the amazing, wonderful man I married who is, at this very moment, watching basketball...a habit I usually don't enjoy. However, tonight I find it adorable. I am grateful that he is so strong and brave and I can always count on him to save the day whenever I call him crying about however stupid a thing. I love that he takes such good care of his family, temporally and spiritually. I love how excited he gets about his work and how passionate he is about anything he does. I love that I can never stay mad at him for long. And I love that I am married to my best friend...who is a super hero!

I am a lucky lady tonight!!

3 comments:

Terry and Christina said...

oh my gosh that is seriously the scariest thing ever!! what a sweet post though about Beckham and Ryan! you do have some pretty great men in your life!!!!!

Heather Harper said...

Reading the story was so much better than hearing it! I was getting a little teary, and I've already heard it twice! Ryan is amazing. And Beckham is the cutest little boy!! I am so glad he's okay.

Autumn said...

Hello dear old friend. Choking is the scariest thing ever. Looks like you have had quite a bit of drama the past month. Happy late bday too! You are still so young...imagine how I am feeling. I am turning 30! That is old. Feel free to send me some depends.Love ya! I too love cocoa bean cupcakes...they are amazing.