Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cooking Curry and Eating Rice

Jane always HAS to help me cook. This used to be somewhat nerve racking and needless to say...annoying. However, lately it has become super fun because Jane is just such a doll :) Here's how the conversation went...
*As Jane is pulling a chair over- "Wanna help, wanna help mama cook!"
*I begin to put veggies into the pot and stir when Jane says, "Let me do it, Let me do it!"
*As I am cutting the onion- "Watcha doin mama?"
*I tell her I am cutting an onion for the curry. Jane excitedly says, "Good idea mama!!"
*As she stirs- "Sorry pot, hahah, I'm cookin ya!"
*The pot begins to sputter and sizzle- "Ahh, I'm getting sprinkled! Oh no!"
*As I am busily cooking away Jane says so sweetly, "Great cookin mama!"
I have never had so much fun cooking before!! What a sweet little gal I have :)
Beckham started rice cereal just a few days ago and just plain loved it! I can't believe how big he's getting and what a large appetite he has...
So I've got daughter who loves to cook and a son who loves to eat...my job is going to get very easy!!

2 comments:

Terry and Christina said...

so cute Mary! Jane is saying the cutest things lately! She really is such a doll! You have darn cute kids :) Hopefully we can see you guys soon!!

Smittys said...

Cute! I love having help too. I love this age.