Sunday, September 25, 2016

A First For All the Dick Kiddos!!

 With Summer over, it's all business here at the Dick household!  Jane and Beckham have been so excited to start another year of school!  I cannot believe that Jane is in 3rd grade and my little guy, Beckham, is in 1st grade!

 In Missouri, 3rd grade is in a different school from K-2nd.  Jane's new school used to be a high school so Jane was so excited to have her very own locker.  On back to school night, she got to even decorate it...lots of owls and My Little Ponies were involved :)


 We, of course, had our traditional "Back to School" family dinner!!  This year I chose an "apple" theme.  I always have so much fun planning these special dinners and it's the perfect opportunity to talk to my kids about safety while they are away from me and for them to make goals for the school year.


 I loved this Gordon B. Hinkley quote as a theme for the school year, "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
 The kids were most excited for these special back to school survival kits.  They were filled with lots of different treats that came with words of advice and encouragement!!
 Elsie had to be included as well, even though she is...thankfully... still going to be with me at home this year.  I don't think I'm quite ready to have all my babies gone during the day, yet :)
 Dinner was pizza...a rare treat at our house!

 Elsie had her very own first, as well!  I am a tad crazy and decided to start potty training Elsie on the first day of school.  Paulina, the Poo Poo Fairy (the fairy from my book!! :) ) came to help Elsie start her potty adventure.  Elsie was so so excited to see her.
 She was really excited about her brand new crown as well...heheh.
 So, the BIG DAY finally came.  Jane was off to 3rd grade and Beckham was off to 1st grade and Elsie was off on her potty training journey!!
 Beckham seemed a bit nervous and sad that Jane wasn't at his school anymore.  But luckily, his best little buddy is in his class again this year!!  I think seeing him made Beckham feel a lot better :)
 Jane has something like 10 friends in her class that she knew from 2nd grade, so sending her off was rather easy.  She was so excited and happy to start 3rd grade :)
 Once Elsie discovered that the Poo Poo fairy would reward her for successfully going on the potty, it was all over.  She had only one pee and one poo accident and from then on, was practically perfect at going on the potty all the time!!

I was so proud of Elsie for how quickly she caught on to the whole "going on the potty" business!!  And Elsie just loved her best little buddy, Paulina, so so much!


 Jane and Beckham loved to be my helpers by picking prizes and treats for Elsie's successes and setting them out with Paulina! They were proud of her, too!!


 After only a few days, I considered Elsie to be totally potty trained!  She was able to tell me when she had to go potty and even preferred to do it all by herself without her potty seat or my help!! She is such a rock star!  I was so grateful because that meant that we were able to have outings again!  Here is Elsie and her good friend eating lunch and gossiping under the restaurant table :) haha.


We kept Paulina around for about a week even though she had the hang of going potty very early on, just to make sure she had it down.  Then we had to say goodbye to Paulina so she could go help other little kids with their potty training :)
I am so proud of my kids for being so hard working, determined and smart!!  I am one lucky mama!!

No comments: