So, I have ALOT of catching up to do on summer before I can post about the beginning of school! So I am gonna attempt to find time to post several summer time posts quickly so I can post about our wonderful first day of school!
I'm going to start with the Harper Family Reunion in California! This wonderful trip could not have been possible for me without the help of my sweet dad... and Ryan, who stayed home over his 4th of July break with Elsie. I am so so grateful I was able to go because seeing all of my family was so dreamy!! I just loved it!!! I also got to see my newest little niece, Hazel! I loved that chunky little muffin so much...and so did ALL of her cousins!!
We had the super neat opportunity to take a tour of the studio where my uncle, who works and has worked on many amazing movies, doing computer graphics!! What he does is amazing and it was so neat to see where he works and more about what he does!!
Did I mention that he works at a Lucas Films Studio?? Yea, it was a super neat tour!! Here are Jane and Beckham outside next to a Yoda fountain.
In the lobby we got to see tons of Star Wars props and items that had the kids totally fascinated!!
Here is Luke Skywalker's lightsaber...
Darth Vader...
...It was pretty epic :)
They used to make movie magic with this crazy contraption back in the day!
Oh, its just the HOLY GRAIL from INDIANA JONES!!! There was so much more that we saw and did. But this was just a peak at the amazing day we had!
Back at my brother, Matthew's house, all the cousins had a blast playing and playing together! These four little gals stayed close together in the house FULL of boy cousins!!
The dreamy, amazing pool was the star of this trip!!
Both of my kiddos made HUGE strides with becoming confident swimmers here!! By the end of the trip they were both swimming comfortably and pretty well without a life jacket :)
Here is Aunt Christina, entertaining the gaggle of crazy kiddos!!
We played charades...
Of course, being in Northern Cali, we had to visit some red woods!! We went on a beautiful hike through a red wood forest that was so neat. This really made me miss California!
And though I had to fly home on the 4th of July, we had ALOT of fun before our flight. In the morning all the kids decorated bikes and themselves with Fourth of July decor and we had a parade around the neighborhood...music and all! It was fun and just too darn cute!
Here's the whole clan of kids with grandma and grandpa! What an amazing family we have!! Sweet baby Anne is in my Dad's lap. Poor baby Anne was in the hospital for the majority of the time with some major and scary digestive issues. Luckily she was showing signs of improvement even before I left :)
One last picture of beautiful Jane with sweet baby Hazel!!
What an amazing addition to our summer this was. I wish we could have seen all our family in Utah so much... but poor Ryan hasn't been able to take any time off this summer. Poor guy :( But I am so grateful for the time I had with my wonderful family.
More summer fun posts soon to come :)
No comments:
Post a Comment