Sunday, October 4, 2015

A Perfect Baptism Weekend!!

 We had the unique opportunity to have Jane's  baptism be on her birthday! I cannot imagine a more special birthday than having that also be the day you were baptized. To help celebrate Jane's very special day, my dad and Ryan's parents all flew to Missouri.  Jane is one loved little 8 year old! And we had a fabulous time celebrating her birth and her very special baptism day!!

Jane requested a Rainbow Rocks, Equestrian Girls birthday. There are absolutely zero party decorations for this theme...so I had to wing it little bit.  But I have so much fun making my kids' birthdays special!!  I decorated with lots of balloons and colorful stars to seem magical and rock star-ish :) 

 I  made a very special cake for Jane. It was supposed to look like a stage. And of course, Twilight Sparkle is singing on top. She loved it!!
 We had a few fun things planned before we could celebrate Jane's birthday. First, we had a soccer game for Jane. She was so so excited to have grandma and grandpa  there to cheer her on.
 It was unfortunately hot that day... and Jane's poor little team got creamed...but sweet little jane still loved every minute of it!  I love this super sweet, positive little lady :)
 Next, we all went to pick up my dad from the airport. Next, we visited the Liberty Jail since it is so close to the airport. It was so such a neat experience.
 It was surprising to see how terrible the living quarters were at the Liberty Jail. It really put into perspective how Joseph Smith must have suffered while he was there...for six months :(

 Joseph and those who were with him stayed in the basement of Liberty Jail.  It was dark and tiny and cold. They couldn't even stand up straight! I cannot imagine living there for six months.  It was quite humbling and such a wonderful experience.
 Of course we went out to eat at Olive Garden, at Jane's request. Then we hurried home to celebrate Jane's birthday!! My kids really look forward to party games so even though it was just for Jane and Beckham, we played some party games.  First the kids each got to decorate a guitar :)


 Meanwhile, Elsie ate licorice...
 And played with the many balloons floating about :)

 The kids' guitars really turned out great!!
 Beckham used about a gallon of glitter glue :)
 Next, we played a little "Rainbow Rocks" trivia...which Jane won, of course. Although, Beckham actually knew a lot of the answers!! He is such a sweet and supportive brother to Jane :)

Then, the kids went on a scavenger hunt to find all the blow up instruments to make our own family band. There were clues and they had to go find each instrument.  Here is Jane and Beckham retrieving the saxaphone...
 Here are the kids looking by the playground for the microphone...
 Once the kids found all the instrument we had a family jam session!! I really got into it- hehe!


 Finally, it was time to dig into the cake and ice cream. I had been struggling to keep the kids away from the cake all day..
 Elsie enjoyed lots and lots of treats that day :)
 Here is the whole gang all waiting patiently for cake :)
 The inside of the cake turned out just how I hoped it would- done in checker board style with Twilight Sparkle colors!!
 Everyone loved the cake...success!!



 We saved the best for last, and Jane was finally able to open her presents.  She was thrilled with all her wonderful gifts.
 This picture was caught at just the right moment, as Jane jumped with excitement as she opened her art set from grandma and grandpa!!
 When Sunday finally came there was nothing to distract us from Jane's baptism. She looked absolutely radiant :) I cannot believe my baby is growing up so fast :(


 Love this beautiful little lady!!
 After all the planning and preparation, it was so nice to see it all come together so well!
 We had done a whole month of baptism preparation Family Home Evenings prior to Jane's baptism so she was super prepared and ready to make this big and important decision!!
 Oh the treat table...
 I almost missed the baptism because Elsie was crazy and loud and tired. But as I sadly shuffled out of the room with Elsie, our amazing bishop scooped Elsie out of my arms and took her out for me so I wouldn't miss Jane's special moment.  I am so grateful for our wonderful Bishop who saved the day!!
 Here he is with Jane!!
 Grandpa Harper spoke on baptism and Grandpa Dick spoke on the Holy Ghost and they both did such a wonderful job. It was all just perfect!! Here we all are... a bit disheveled...but we had made it through all the craziness :)
 We all came home and crashed on the couch :)
 Then Jane got her most special gift of all, her very own scriptures!!
It was such a magical and perfect weekend!! Thanks to all our special guests who helped make Jane's weekend so wonderful :)

1 comment:

christina said...

wow mare, just wow. Everything looks amazing to her cake and decorations to her actual baptism day! so wish that we could have been there to celebrate such a special time with all of you! love and miss you tons!!!!