Sunday, June 22, 2014

Let the California Adventures Begin!!!

 California has been treating us very well!!  There is so much to do here and the sunshine never ceases! Plus our ward here has been amazing and I am already meeting some wonderful people. Ryan's work schedule has been laid back this whole first month, so we have tried to make the most of this time and explore Northern California before Ryan's schedule gets super crazy!

One of our first stops had to be the Jelly Belly factory.  I am obsessed with Jelly Belly candy, so when we heard we would be living so near the factory, the kids and I have been dying to go.  It did not disappoint :) We got to see how the Jelly Belly's are made and we even got a free bag!
 Yes...there was a sample bar, which we visited several times...
 This time at the sample bar, the kids tried some crazy flavors...pencil shavings and baby wipes.  Their faces say it all- hehe!!
 On our way to visit my brother who lives close by, we stopped at a lookout near a lighthouse which overlooked the Golden Gate Bridge!!  It was so beautiful.  I loved seeing the fog pouring over the mountains.
 Muir woods was another stop on our way to visit my brother and his family.  These amazing trees were so majestic and beautiful! They were huge!! The kids loved walking around these magical woods. Beckham even found a banana slug and was super pleased with himself :)

 On another weekend, we visited a cute little place called "Funderland" for the kids!! There were several cute little rides that Jane and Beckham could ride all by themselves!!  they thought this water log ride was fun and they felt super cool being able to ride all by themselves :)
 This was another favorite!
 We knew we had to see San Francisco before things got crazy!! The curvey, hilly roads were crazy to see right in the middle of a big city.
 Ryan made sure we rode on the most twisty road in the America, Lombard Street!

  It was very beautiful!!
 Next we stopped at Pier 39 and had a grand old time eating lots and lots of treats!! :)
 We got to see Alcatraz from across the bay.  Hopefully we'll get to take a tour of it some day.
 The kids loved the maze of mirrors.  Ryan went in with the kids and found his way out in a few minutes.  I went in and got completely lost for twenty minutes until I got panicky and had to ask a random couple to help me get out...I am pathetic...but the kids sure loved every minute of it.
 There were tons of seals sunbathing that were pretty neat to see.
 Of course we had to eat at a sea food restaurant on the Pier- yum!!
 There was also a two tiered carousel that we just couldn't resist :) Pier 39 was a complete blast.
 I have to mention my wonderful husband since it was just Father's Day!!  Ryan is the best daddy in the world and he works so hard for us.  So, I tried to make Father's Day special.  He got a bunch of  "pop" inspired treats with a sign that said "World's Greatest Pop"- which is so true!!
 I also surprised him with new Crocs!!
 Elsie update:  Poor little Elsie was been such a trooper with all this craziness. She is such a sweetheart and is so much fun.  We love seeing her smile everyday and hearing her starting to coo and talk to us.  Having this sweet little angel around is so wonderful!!
 So far California is treating us very well and we are looking forward to more adventures!!


1 comment:

Karen said...

AHHHHHHHH!!!!! So amazing!!! Keep the posts coming. So fun to see your new adventures. It's so beautiful there. The flowers and flowers and flowers! I just told Kevin he needs to get that residency so we can go there!:) We miss you guys so much. New people are in your house. Kelsey and I wanted to go over and tell them they don't know how lucky they are!:) We didn't, though. We're not sure if they have kids. We got new neighbors, too! They are newlyweds without kids and another newlywed couple moved into the Garcia's. It's going to be hard when they have