Thursday, March 13, 2014

Back to Normal and Jane's Big Win!!

 Well, after two oh so LONG months, Ryan is finally home!!  Ryan was supposed to be home this past Saturday afternoon but he really gave me a big surprise and got home a bit earlier!!

Ryan had set off from Alabama at 10 am. So, when 10pm rolled around I felt I should call Ryan and check his progress.  He was still driving!!  I told him he should pull over and get a hotel room and get some rest.  He said he would  and even sent me a text telling me he was in his room... So, you can imagine how surprised I was to get a phone call from him at 2 in the morning asking me to open the door for him!!  He had driven all night long and his earlier text was a sham!!!  I was so happy to see him and even happier that I wasn't aware he had actually decided to drive all the way home without resting!!!

Here was the kids' and my welcome home sign!!!
 What Ryan brought me was ever better!!!  Oh how I have missed my Cocoa Bean cupcakes from Utah!!  These were just as delicious!!
 The kids came into our room the next morning raving about how daddy was going to be home that afternoon!!! They were so happy and surprised to see him already home!!! As you can see, they didn't really leave him alone all day :)

 They loved the trunk load of goodies daddy brought home from a Mardi Gras family parade he went to with his flight in Mobile, Alabama!!
 This prego lady couldn't  be happier to have her hubby home!!!

Jane has been working for over a month on her Literacy Fair project!!  She picked a book and hand wrote a plot summary, conflict, setting, author's purpose, conflict resolution, characters and tone all by herself!!  She brainstormed with me on how we should lay out her poster and we worked together on putting it together!!  Jane worked so hard nearly every night.  So, she was simply elated when her project won GRAND PRIZE at the literacy fair for her grade!!! I was a proud mama!!

 She got to go up on stage and everything!!!
 Here is just a cute picture of Jane dressed as "100 year old lady" for the 100th day of school!!! 
So things are back to normal and moving right along!!!  Baby girl is coming in April and our big move is happening in May!!!  Life is going to get busy very soon but we are super excited for the many wonderful changes coming our way!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Ha, ha, ha! I love the picture of Jane wrapped in the blanket between Ryan's legs. And Beckham sitting next to him and holding on so Daddy can't get away again!! You totally need to write about Jane not winning first prize but ABOVE first prize!:) And one last thing...I saw a "popular post" about you guys going to Disneyland before Ryan's graduation. Holy cow!! Your TINY children that I know as pre and school children now! So sweet to see Beckham as a one year old.

grandpa and grandma said...

Way to go Jane! Grandpa and Grandma are so very proud of you. You are stupendous!