Here's a beautiful picture of the kids in the old city as the sun was setting!!
Here we are at the old train station where the station master was a telling a true ghost story from an early Delaware settlement!! It was freezing out side, so every building was heated with old wood burning stoves!! They were so cool!! And the old guys being the station masters were darling :)
Here we are in front of a beautiful covered bridge that took us into the city portion of the town!!
This, of course, was my FAVORITE building...the old school house. It had cool old desks with writing slates inside!! I would have loved to be a teacher back in those days :) There was a special little Christmas craft to do inside the school house!! It was so fun!!
Another beautiful building was the chapel. Inside they even had carolers singing Christmas songs!!! Outside the building there was a huge bell that Beckham, in particular, loved to ring over and over again. We eventually had to tear him away from it...it was a very loud bell!!
Some buildings that we didn't get pictures of were a shop, an old home, a barber shop and a blacksmith shop!!
Naturally we got see Santa and Mrs. Clause!! The kids were in heaven!!
What a fun Christmas adventure we stumbled across!!







3 comments:
This looks so fun. I love the photo with Beckham ringing the bell and Jane holding her hands over her ears!
I second Gene's comment! I loved that picture! It is too funny :). What a fun thing to go to! And again, where is your belly????? You don't look pregnant at all!
We missed out this year! We're going to have to keep an eye out for that next year if they do it again. I hope so!
Post a Comment