Last Saturday, we went and had ourselves a rather impromptu adventure. We just needed to do something exciting and fun and this is what we came up with. We got on the road early, and headed to he National Zoo in DC!! It was a great zoo and a fairly nice day :) I loved seeing the cute, not so little panda bear!!
The kids both said their favorite animal was the sea lion!! The tank was pretty amazing and huge with a giant under water observation area.
The lions were beautiful, too!!
We had a great morning at the zoo, despite the NO parking AT ALL issue and the large crowds... However, the main event was when we had dinner at Medieval Times!! I know...nerdy...but we had such a blast!! Naturally, Jane had to dress up like a princess and we managed to convince Beckham to wear his knight costume the whole time!!
Our darling kids were a huge hit!!:) Here they are with the main knight and announcer- he was great :)
We had great seats!! We were routing for the yellow and red knight-hehe!!
The show was pretty amazing and kept our kids entertained the ENTIRE time!! They loved seeing the amazing horses do wonderful tricks...they were beautiful.
The dinner was yummy, even though you had to eat it with your hands- which our kids certainly didn't mind!! We had roasted chicken, BBQ ribs, Potatoes, garlic bread, and tomato soup!!
Jane was absolutely thrilled to have our knight throw a beautiful flower to her- hehe :)
Here are some pictures of the knights competing in "the games".
jousting...
sword fighting...
This day turned out to be a lot of fun even though our night lost miserably :)!! I love impromptu adventures :)
1 comment:
I swear i left a comment on this already! But I love this and think it all looks like a blast! I am sure your darling knight and princess were a huge hit! I cannot wait to see you in less than 2 weeks!!!
Post a Comment