Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hunting for Teasure around Crestline!!

I have managed a mobile home park now for nearly 4 years...I know...it scares me too! And having been here for sooooo long makes it very hard for me to still appreciate Crestline Estates. What with the constant complaints, the begging to get rent in, the accusations of this and that... However, the other day I went on a nature walk with my sweet kids around good ol' Crestline and I was taught a very valuable lesson.

My darling little Jane was so magically enthralled with the random little items (aka treasures...as she called them) that we discovered and gathered as we walked. I mean she acted as if this was the most heavenly place on earth, and she got the most joy and happiness out of this little walk and the little treasures she discovered.

It made me realize what I had been given from this crazy ol' park. I walked past sweet friends and neighbors who I have grown to love and appreciate, who all call me by name and who act so excited to see my new little guy and who all comment on how big Jane is getting. I have a comfortable home where my two kids have been born and grown safely and comfortably, and a secure job where I am able to work for the most fabulous bosses ever!! These little "treasures" are things that I should never let myself overlook as I begin to focus on the negative as everyone tends to do now and then.

All in all, I am amazingly blessed to be here in good ol' Crestline Estates and I will cry many tears when we have to leave...although, I will NEVER understand how every month when rent is due, I manage to get one or two checks that are covered in mystery goop that I can't understand and never want to investigate further...haha! Here are some pics from our walk!!

Jane, Beckham and mama embarking on our journey around the park...
Discovering something exciting!!
This is just a good shot of the park and Jane was not cooperating with pictures...as usual!!
Proudly showing our spoils...

2 comments:

Terry and Christina said...

what a precious post and a great reminder to be grateful for the little blessings that we all tend to overlook! LOVE janes visor!! sooo cute! Love you mare and am soo blessed to have you as my sister!

Unknown said...

Super cute. My kids love being outside so much and seriously will play for hours poking a stick into dirt. Nothing in the house keeps their attention like nature. PS I keep thinking about Cocoa Bean. Yum!