With my favorite season of fall and the glorious months of December and January bringing with it birthdays, new additions to our family and a New Year nearly gone, I find myself stuck in the dead center of what I have aptly named the "dreary days" of the year. This is the time of year, at least for our family, when nothing much is going on- just the monotony of school, work, snow, clouds and cold. This is the time of year when I generally start counting down the days until spring arrives.
However, one of my New Year's resolutions this year is to enjoy every day and not to wish my time away. I always somehow get caught up in the "when" game. For ex. "When summer comes...We'll get out more" or "When my kids are older, I'll have more time for this or that." Well, not this year! I want to enjoy the every day moments that are so precious, that you can so easily look over if you are constantly wishing or waiting for something else.
So, here is a day in the life of Mary...just hanging out at home...making the best of these "dreary days."

Every spare moment I have, has been spent trying to catch up on my scrapbooking-which I have gotten desperately behind on due to a new baby and an untimely surgery...

I have quite a collection of scrapbooks which meticulously document every major event and even many fun, small moments of our lives together!!

Of course, plenty of time is spent cleaning up toys (about 28 different times a day as Jane just pulls them out again), washing bottles, folding laundary etc. etc.

Naturally, there is the daily three hours of office work to be done for the park- and quite often some late nights as well...

And the BEST part of my day is getting to spend time with this crazy, fun girl...

...and this adorable, sweet boy. They are both growing too fast!!
So...that's it!! This is generally how my day goes. It may not seem like much...but ya know...I love all of it and I wouldn't wish any of it away. Soon enough my kids will be grown up, I'll have TOO much time on my hands and I will long for these simple, yet wonderful days again :)
8 comments:
Mary you are such a great Mom!! You kids really are so beautiful and happy. I love reading your blog. Being a Mom is such hard work! I love ya!
That is totally the theme of my life right now also! I don't want to miss a second of these cute kids!
My question for you is...do you scrapbook while your kids are awake? If so you are amazing! I can't wait to work on projects, once we move into our new place next week!
Enjoy those two angels!
Just wanted to tell you how much I love your positive perspective on the "dreary days"...thanks so much for sharing! Looking through all your fun pictures reminded me to treasure my own "mom-moments". I so needed that reminder today! We missed you guys at the Harper Family Christmas party; we were sad to hear about your surgery. It's good to hear you are feeling better. Keep having a fun winter!
Oh Mary! That picture of your little boy makes me smile so much! I LOOOOOVE it!
oh this is so sweet. i wish i had that kind of attitude all the time!!! life would be so wonderful wouldn't it! love you and your cute kids! lets get together again SOON!!!
Hey Girl, I totally know how you feel with this hideous winter weather. Bentley and I were so desperate to get outside today, we went on a freezing cold walk around the neighborhood. Not the funnest thing he's probably done, but he seemed to love it! We should get together and take our kids to the aquarium up in Sandy or even storytime at the library. I'm so down if your down. Call me!
Ok...I just read your blog and realized that my last post was quite similar. You probably think I copied a little. I guess we just think alike. Funny!
See you tomorrow!
Adorable! Mary he is a doll! He sort of reminds me a little of Boston with that expression! Congrats on a beautiful little fam :)
Post a Comment