Saturday, October 31, 2009

A phone call tells all...

Lately, Jane has been jibber-jabbering so much. I love it, simply because I get to know what my darling little two year old has on her mind. Before, that was all a mystery and a guessing game. Now, I have been able to get a true glimpse into the mind of a two year old...fascinating...and darling. I find that her true thoughts come out when she gets on the phone and has conversations with whoever tickles her fancy at the moment. Here are a few conversations that come to mind:

*Ryan and I are driving in the car and Jane has my phone in the back seat...

Jane: "Hi daddy, leaves...red doggy...book...uh huh...oooh look at fireworks...I like fireworks. Hi baby Mae...baby Mae see fireworks...oooh, uh huh. Gamma's house? Yeah...yeah...ok see you later!"

*I am in the office working and Jane picks up the office phone to make a very important call (while my very important office calls get ignored...ah kids)...

Jane: "Hi daddy, um linon (aka- lion), yeah, ok, pridates (aka- a word I am too embarrased to translate becasue I am embarrassed she even knows and uses this word...), yeah, ok, see you later!"

Here is what I get from this:
-Jane would rather talk to daddy on the phone than mommy.
-Jane likes the fall just like mamma does.
-Fireworks are constantly on her mind at any point in the day.
-She learns ALOT from the the books she reads.
-She is growing up too fast...
-She loves her new cousin baby Mae so dearly!!
-And she is planning an escape to Grandma's house :)

I am positive this information will serve me well!! Ah, to be two again...so easily entertained and pleased!

3 comments:

Terry and Christina said...

That is sooo adorable!! Jane is just the cutest little thing in the world! I LOVE that she loves baby mae! love ya!

Christine said...

so i had a thought today...

we have a book in nursery that has fireworks in it (little lights that light up when you push a button). maybe that's why she thinks of fireworks?

maybe not, but she does love that book!

Smittys said...

Mary- You know Jane just copies you on the phone and you are talking to Ryan...that is why she pretends to talk to Ryan......soooo basically she wants to be just like you> That is like a moms dream.
ps. I am loving this stage of talking...it is so funny!