So, Ryan broke a mirror today...quite ungracefully I might add. We had a good laugh about it. Great...I guess that means we are going to have seven years bad luck. I mean we already live in a mobile home park...in a a double wide...how much worse could it get. Well, I guess we could always be downgraded to a singlewide...(I am just kidding, we are very lucky to have this job).
This incident reminded me of another hilarious accident Ryan had. A year or so ago, Ryan, my sister and I were helping my mother pack up her house to move. Ryan was on lamp duty. He had to wrap up my moms excessive abundance of lamps and carry them downstairs. While Ryan was doing this Christina and I were busy trying to convince my mom to get rid of some the extra lamps she had and wasn't using. While talking, my mom caught a glimpse of the lamp Ryan was busy carrying down the stairs.
Mom: "Now some of these lamps I really could get rid of, but that lamp (She pointed at the one Ryan was carrying down the stairs) is a family heirloom. It has been in the family for generations."
Christina: "Ya, that lamp really is beautiful."
Mary: "Oh, of coarse you should keep that lamp."
Mom: " Yes, I really love that lamp. It was my Gramdma Horrigan's."
Just as we were all gloating over the heirloom lamp, Ryan came rushing past us, lamp in hands, displaying his manly strength when suddenly the glass lamp shade came tumbling off the lamp. It seemed as if time was moving on slow motion as the beautiful lamp shade crashed on the floor, shattering into hundreds of pieces.
After, several desperate grasps from Christina and I, silence ensued for several minutes. My mom stared at her precious family heirloom broken on the floor, Christina and I stared at my moms stunned face meanwhile, Ryan stood there frozen, still holding what was left of the precious lamp.
Mom: "Well, I really didn't like it that much." Was my mom's pathetic attempt a breaking the silence.
I will never forget that moment- we all laughed for nearly twenty minutes after. It was hilarious!!
2 comments:
Mary that is Hilarious! You did a good job re-telling it! I will never forget that moment!! And how hard we laughed about it!!! Ahh the memories!!! :)
Oh my gosh!, you guys crack me up! Only you guys have these stories and I'm so glad you do because I always laugh! I love it!
Post a Comment