Thursday, September 18, 2008

Nearly killed by road rage....

Ryan and I had the most crazy experience the other night while driving home from a work dinner up in Salt Lake. Ryan has become a very cautious driver (a far cray from his High school days...YIKES) and expects other drivers to be equally as careful and cautious. So, when someone is driving crazily and being inconsiderate Ryan likes to kindly help them become aware of their fault... I knew this would backfire one day!!!

We were driving home, it was about 9pm. A guy in a red car cut in front of our car going way too fast. He squeezed in front of us and behind a car in the lane next to us- barely missing both of us. Of course, Ryan was appalled and gave him a quick flash of his brights to let the guy know that he nearly hit us and needed to be more careful. This must have majorly pissed the guy off because he slammed on his breaks in the middle of the freeway causing Ryan and I (With Jane in the back seat mind you...) to have to slam on our breaks and nearly run into the back of him. He slowed to about 30 miles an hour on a freeway!!

As if that weren't enough, when he got back up to speed he got into the lane next to us and slowed way down, because Ryan and I were going to normal freeway speeds we were about to pass him. Once we got to the side of him, he started to pull over into our lane! Ryan and I had to swerve out of his way and slam on our breaks. He nearly ran us off the road!! At first I thought this must have been accidental. However, He pulled over into the lane next to us again and slowed way down. I told Ryan that we needed to pull up next to him so he could see that we had a baby in the back seat so he would be more careful. But when we tried to pull up next to him, he swerved into our lane again!! Nearly driving us off the road!!

At this point I just wanted to pass the guy and get away from him- I could tell he was seriously angry with us (for nothing...I might add!). But he tried to run us off the road a third time when we tried to pass him. Ryan got his phone out to call the police! The guy must have seen him do that cause he sped away so quick we didn't even get his lisence plat number. This guy could have killed us, just because we flashed him for cutting us off...YIKES!!

Moral of the story: Be careful who you comfront and piss off. You never know when you will
meet a derranged psycho with a major case of road rage!!!

3 comments:

Mary and Ryan Dick family said...

hahahahaha I am lame- no one will even comment on our near death experience- so I have to comment on my own!!!

Anonymous said...

It is amazing what a mom can find out by actually reading her kids blog! It scared me. Next time phone 911 as soon as it happens. I'm happy your all OK.

Terry and Christina said...

MARY...I AM SO HAPPY YOU ARE ALIVE AND NOT DEAD BY SOME STUPID UTAH DRIVER!!!! :) I LOVE YOU AND YOUR CUTE BLOG!!!