Saturday, January 6, 2018

Halloween and Beckham's Baptism!!

 Warning:
 I'm gonna tell you right now that this is a long...yet super awesome... catch up post!!  I have been busy and have sadly gotten rather behind on my blog.  However, since January is such a dreary month, I figured this would be the perfect time to look back to my favorite season of the year...Fall, and to catch up on more of the fun Fall and halloween good times we had!!

Elsie is in a ballet class!!  Yes...it is the cutest thing you ever did see and she just loves it.  She has always had a bit of an affinity for dance so I figured she would thrive in a dance class of her own!!  She really does an amazing job of watching the teacher and following along!!

Here, she and her dance mates are dressed up for a Halloween dance class!!!

 Our ward party was super fun and alfresco, to take advantage of the nice whether!! The kids had a fabulous time going trunk or treating and enjoying a pie eating contest!
 Elsie was Rapuntzel, in her wedding dress!!!
 Jane was a cartoon version of the Mad Hatter!!!  I did her make-up like the picture on the cover of the package, upon her request.  Not too shabby...for someone who knows nothing about doing makeup!!!
 Beckham...continuing his theme of scary Halloween costumes, went as a skeleton ninja!!  He played the part well.
Carving pumpkins has never been my favorite activity, but one I tolerate nonetheless.  Because what would Fall be without carved pumpkins?!?!  Plus the kids love it! So I covered our entire table with plastic and let the kids go to town!!  It is nice that they are old enough to pretty much do all their own work...I pretty much just supervise and encourage :)


 I was able to attend 3 Halloween parties this year!!  Here is Beckham at his 2nd grade Halloween party  with his bestest new pal, Ethan!!  Both ninjas-ha:)
 And Jane at her 4th grade party with her gaggle of sweet friends!!!
 And I had so much fun attending a preschool Halloween party again with Elsie.  I haven't been able to do that for years and I thoroughly enjoyed every second!!  The kids got to trick or treat up and down the hallways!!
 And they had a Halloween feast at the end...lucky!!!
 This Fall brought a very exciting event!!!  My sweet, big boy Beckham turned 8...which means Baptism and Cub Scouts!!!  Here he is modeling all his new scouts gear!!
 Beckham woke up on his birthday to a flood of balloons falling in on him as he opened his door and  a parade of balloons with sweet messages following him down the stairs!!
 We did family birthdays this year, so Beckham got to have a scavenger hunt for his presents which he totally loved doing!!
 Jane surprised Beckham with a present that she bought from the book fair with her own money!! And not to let Elsie feel left out, she got one for her too!!  What a sweet gal!!
 I sure do love this crew!!
 A little buddy from up the street came over just in time to watch Beckham open his presents and have cake with us!!!  We sure do love our big, sweet and spirited boy!  He can be a handful at times but I am certain that "tenacity" will serve him well in the future :) :)
 Soon After Beckham's big day, Grandpa Harper came to stay with us for a few days to be there for Beckham's baptism!!!  I am so glad he came, it was so nice to have him! He was pleased to be able to see the kids' memorial day assemblies while he was here!  Jane got to present Ryan with a Sterling Elementary Service coin along with a big hug!!
 And she had a speaking part in the assembly as part of the Student CEO group!!  Can you see her down in front speaking into the microphone?

We had a lot of fun using one of Beckham's bday gifts to make bouncy balls with grandpa...

Then Beckham was able to decide what we did as a family on the weekend for his birthday :)
He chose, of course, to go to a huge arcade and fun zone!!  Beckham and Jane did the high ropes course.  The first time they tried this, more than a year ago, they froze and had to be rescued... so I was pleased to see that they managed it quite well this time!!:)
 We all had a blast that day!!  We also a snuck in a visit to Adam Ondi Ahman for my Dad!
 Then came Beckham's big day- his baptism day!! He was so thrilled to get his own set of engraved scriptures!!  He had been anxiously waiting all year for these!!
 Here's the treat table, littered with our family's favorite candy bar, the Kit Kat, to serve as a reminder of the baptismal covenants we make.  Kit Keep his commandments
                                                                   Always remember him
                                                                   Take his name upon you
Jane also used this idea in her talk that she gave on baptism that day!!  It was really special to have her and Elsie be a part of the program.  Jane gave the talk on bapstism, My dad gave the talk on the Holy Ghost and Elsie gave the opening prayer...she is especially good at prayers!!

 Beckham wore a goofy face for every picture this day...I think to combat his nervousness:)
 We got through it all though, and it all went so well!!  We love and are so proud of Beckham.  He is growing into such a sweet and smart big boy!!
 And to top off the wonderful day...more presents!!  Grammy Cathy and Granpma and Grandpa Dick all gave Beckham some lovely gifts and cards!!

No comments: