Thursday, April 14, 2016

Easter and Elsie!!

Easter, as usual, was fabulous!! It is just difficult to be grumpy during Spring time. And having the Easter bunny visit and spread some magic just makes it that much better!!

I like to keep our focus on the savior as much as we can, so the Saturday before Easter we had a special family home evening where we had an easter egg hunt which taught us about the last week of Jesus' life and his ressurection!  It was a very neat and spiritual experience and I am so glad we did it. I am so grateful for our Savior and all he has done for us! So having another holiday where we can learn about him and focus on him is wonderful.

Here are the kiddos on Easter Sunday looking darling before church!!

After church, we were excited to see that the Easter bunny had come and hidden some eggs around the house!!
 Like a tornado, the kids had run around the house and found all the eggs within 3 minutes!!


 Elsie was satisfied only finding one egg after she realized there was candy inside!!! Jane and Beckham shared with her, though!
 Then we gave the kids their Easter baskets with the usual, fun Spring time goodies inside!!



Elsie and I continue to have a super fun play date with some great friends every week! We have started incorporating a letter each week so the kids can learn about a letter each time we meet! This week was "B".  Here are the kiddos wearing Bug hats and eating peanut Butter sandwiches!

 We sang the Bumble Bee Song...
 And pressed bugs in play dough...
 Then the kiddos jumped on the trampoline with Balls!
 The next week was "C" week and it was at my house! We made these darling cuddly caterpillars!

I made corn chowder! And everyone brought some darling "C" treats! I loves these cute fruit Cars!
 These Hungry Hungry Caterpillar jello cups were so darling.
 I had a cup of live caterpillars which the kids were fascinated with! And one of my clever friends brought this cute activity which taught the phases of metmorphosis!  It was too cute :)

 The kids just loved it.
 Of course, we played outside since it was a beautiful day.  Here is Elsie with her darling friend!
 Our one little boy was happily playing and digging in the rocks!!



We have some super nice neighbors who have a family sized paddle boat that they said we could borrow any time! The kids had been dying to go out on it so, we took her for a whirl one day! It was so much fun.  However, we picked a super windy day so Ryan and I got quite the workout trying to paddle that thing against the wind- hehe!

 Last but not least... after four weeks of enduring her cast like a champ, Jane finally got her cast off!! She remained jolly Jane through the whole so "not fun" experience and I am so proud of her!!

1 comment:

Grandma Dick said...

It looks so fun on the paddle boat! Love the Easter photo of kiddos!