Monday, June 25, 2012

Hooray for daddies and Mother Goose!!

 I have been doing a little "summer camp" with my kids all this month!!  They have been having a blast and can't wait for "Mother Goose Time" every day :) Mother Goose Time is the curriculum I have been using and it is super fun!!  The theme of our camp has been, camping!  The kids can't wait to go on a REAL camp out once we've reached the end of our camp together. 
 We have done all sorts of camping crafts, we have learned letters, played games and had music time every day!!  Here are some of the darling crafts!!
 The kids at circle time with their "crackly fire log" crafts!!
 On Racoon day, being sneaky racoons looking for our letter "R" cards around the room!!

 Now that the month is almost over...I am actually sad that our camp will be over and I KNOW the kids will miss it.  They ask me every day when it is time for  "Mother Goose Time."  This has been a blast! I just hope our grand finale camp out goes smoothly, too :)

It was Father's Day a week ago!! As usual, I took this opportunity to try something new and to have fun!!  I surprised Ryan with this special Father's Day "dinner"...

 Well, they are really cupcakes made to look like a tv dinner :) HAHA I loved seeing the surprised look on Ryan's face when I gave them to him acting like this was his real dinner.  He ranged from confused to amused to confused again...to relieved!!

 After my little gag, I let Ryan eat his real Father's Day dinner.  We had a delicious thai steak stir fry (that reminded him of his mission :), rice and pot stickers!!  I think it was a hit...with the adults at least :)
 Here's the fam chowing down the tv dinner cupcakes!! They tasted better than they looked :)

Summer is off to a great start!!!

3 comments:

Terry and Christina said...

Mare, you make me sick with how good of a mom, person, friend everything you are! I just love ya and wish you were closer so some of that awesomeness could rub off on me!!

Terry and Christina said...

oh and amazing wife!

Heather Harper said...

Wow! You amaze me with all your ideas and craftiness. We're going NUTS around here. Stuff like that was fun when the boys were younger, but now it's not cool anymore and it's like pulling teeth to do any learning. Every now and then it goes over okay, but the only thing that makes them happy is the pool and friends. I wish I had the time and patience and brains that you have to do all those fun things! lol! Again, you're amazing!!!