Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Saving the best for last!!
This is our last Easter at home in Utah for who knows how long... so we tried to really make some wonderful memories during out last Utah Easter!!! And though it wasn't perfect, it was wonderful and we had tons of fun :) This included some Easter art projects for Jane!!
Here's the end product...
And of course, we colored Easter eggs...GLITTER Easter eggs...Jane was loving every minute of it. Naturally, the pink ones were her favorites.
Here's Mama (clearly tired...yikes) and Jane waiting for the eggs to dry.
Oh how Jane loved the glitter portion of our egg coloring adventure...lots of crazy shaking, glitter EVERYWHERE...what's not to love?!!
Here's Daddy and Jane with the finished product. Jane couldn't stop admiring her work :)
On the Saturday before Easter, Jane and Beckham awoke to Easter baskets with a few fun little surprises.
They both dove right in...
...and loved every minute of it.
Next, the Easter bunny hid lots of candy filled eggs around our house for the kids to find!! (we owe thanks to the awful weather for making this an indoor event...) Jane was a pro at this.
Beckham wasn't too shabby either :)

Once Beckham found out what was inside the eggs, he quite searching and began the eating pretty quickly :) I love my BIG, little guy!!
And once Jane saw Beckham eating, she decided she needed to join him!! We had a fun little Easter eve morning :)
For almost twenty years Christina, my cousin Natalie and I have been going over to my Grandma Pat and Grandpa Chuck's home on the day before Easter to set the table and help get everything ready for the big Easter dinner and egg hunt with all my family!! Here's the finished table looking beautiful along with my awesome Grandpa overlooking it all...
Here's all the gals filling the many many Easter eggs chuck full of candy and dollar bills for the kids to find!!
This has truly been a cherished tradition of mine. I am unbelievably sad that I won't be here next year to do it!! I LOVE my grandma and grandpa...and Nat and Christina of course!
I didn't get many pictures of the dinner on Easter Sunday because my kids were absolutely INSANE and CRAZY all evening...but I was able to get a few of the egg hunt. Here's Jane with her cousins Ryley and Mason after the prosperous egg hunt :)
My mom was nice enough to stay outside with Beckham for awhile...that being almost the only thing that made him happy...poor little guy.
This was a fabulous Easter and one I will remember always. Along with all the fun and talk of Easter eggs and bunnies, we definitely tried to help our kids remember that the true meaning of Easter is to remember our Savior and the significance of his resurrection. I felt amazingly blessed this Easter as I was surrounded by such a wonderful family, an amazing husband and two beautiful, fun kids and I can't overlook my Savior and Father in Heaven as having played a huge roll in all that :) I have a lot to be thankful for!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that second picture of Jane. It's like she's so in love with the eggs she decorated. So proud! Beckham is so funny too how he figured out there is something inside the eggs and then quit looking. LOL!!! He's getting so big! and smart. :) Those kids are too cute and you're amazing for doing so much fun stuff with them!
Post a Comment