Thursday, November 11, 2010

From Baby to Big Boy in No Time At All!!

My baby turned 1 on Tuesday!! Boy, time really flies by TOO fast these days. I feel like it was only yesterday that Beckham was born. Even though the cord was wrapped around his neck 2 times he was a big healthy baby boy!!
We LOVED him from the very first time we met him. He was such a sweet, patient baby for having such a rough first few days of life...
His circumcision went horribly and he bled far more than he was supposed to. It took around 3 hours for me to get my poor baby back ofter what was supposed to be a short, easy procedure :(
Also while in the hospital, I noticed that he was having a really tough time breathing. I repeatedly asked nurses for help only to be told it was normal and not to worry. It got so bad that I knew something must be wrong even though non of the nurses would take it more seriously. I was very frustrated with the nursing staff. So, the day we got home from the hospital we took him to an ENT doctor. There we found out that he had a nasal infection and needed to be treated immediately...POOR BOY!!
The antibiotics we had to give him really messed up his digestive system and he got terribly constipated and had to be on a very special and EXPENSIVE formula. But at least he was finally happy.
He was such an adorable little tike...I can't believe 1 year has already passed. It was full of trying and wonderful moments that I will never forget!
PARTY TIME!!!!!!
Of course we had a party for our BIG BOY and Beckham was very excited!!
Jane, of course, had to help Beckham open his presents...
He was very distracted by all the people and needed lots of help...Jane didn't mind at all.
And of course Jane had to help Beckham play with his toys as well :)
Bring on the CAKE!! It doesn't look like much but I worked VERY hard on that cake!!
It had a multi colored inside :) Jane was the first to sample the cake...as usual!
Beckham got a turn, too. He was tentative at first...
...but eventually dug right in, though he enjoyed playing in it more than he did eating it.
By the end of the party the kids were exhausted and ready for bed. What a great night we had, though. Thanks Jean, Kelly, Mom, Dad and Christina for coming. And so sorry to everyone else (especially the kids!!) who couldn't come because our kids were still a little sick :( we missed you!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKHAM!! WE LOVE YOU SOOSOSOS MUCH AND ARE VERY PROUD OF OUR BIG BOY:)

2 comments:

Terry and Christina said...

Happy One year Beckham!! What a fun little party you had! I can't believe it has been a year either, crazy!!! Here's to many many more b-days :)

Jake and Ashley said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you had a blast at Disneyland, we are going in June! Sorry I haven't called you back...things are crazy with two kids to take care of! It seems when I get a free second it is taken up by grabbing a drink of water or grabbing a quick snack. Hopefully we can all get together soon!