Monday, June 14, 2010

2 Victories... for a pooper and a princess!!

POTTY TRAINING STINKS!!! At least for us, potty training was HARD! We basically had to pull out ALL the stops we could think of to get this girl to poop on the potty. Learning to pee was no problem at all for Jane. She had that down within minutes of beginning our potty training...but little did we know we were going to have to pull out every ounce of creativity we could muster to get this girl to start poopin' :)

Among the countless methods we tried, we started by introducing the poop fairy to Jane. Lately, she has been into Tinkerbell so we thought this would be a good idea. So, every time she would even begin to push on the potty (even that was HUGE for Jane) the "poop fairy" (AKA Ryan hiding outside the door) would throw in some chocolate chips and start singing and dancing...(AKA Ryan's I Phone). That got her to push...but still no poop! I am not kidding when I say we had several sessions of screaming and crying on the potty that lasted up to an hour...Jane would work harder to hold her poop in that to just let it go....so exhausting!!

Finally, we discovered the "POO CHART"- this was the key to our success.
We got the most amazingly beautiful stickers we could find and let Jane put one on her "Poo Chart" every time she pooped in the potty. Now, a rapidly growing chart and many stickers later we can proudly say that Jane in FULLY POTTY TRAINED!! Hooray...I have never been happier!!

Also, as an after thought we entered Jane into the Orem Summerfest baby contest, just for fun! We were so PROUD when Jane won second place in her age category out if tons and tons of applicants. Jane dressed as princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty and sang the theme song from the movie. She did amazing! Here she is going up with daddy to collect her prizes :)
Here she is proudly showing off her winnings!!
She was so thrilled about her prize bag that she even fell asleep with it in the car!
We are a proud mama and papa!!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh my heck I laughed so hard! I have this image of Ryan/The Poop Fairy dancing around the house. Too funny. Glad it all worked!!

Smittys said...

She sang a song in front of people? that is crazy...Addy can do lots of things but singing for more that Wes and I is probably not happening.

Rachel Murray said...

Oh man do I ever understand the horror known as potty training. It sounds like you guys got a lot more creative than I did. A big toy garbage truck that sat on our fridge until he filled up his poop chart did the trick for Mason. So glad it's over.... until the next one.