Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ouray!!

This past weekend, Ryan, Jane and I got away for one last weekend getaway before school starts this week for Ryan. We went to the beautiful little town of Ouray, Colorado. It is such a sweet little town that is surrounded by mountains, historical buildings and cute little shops. We had so much fun!! Here is our adorable, Victorian style hotel.
Our room was so unique and just really cute and perfect!! Jane even had her own little room.
Jane turned the shower into her own cool little hide out- she makes any place fun.
After our long drive, we went swimming in this amazing pool. It is completely fed by spring water and stays near 99 degrees year round. It was so relaxing :) Not to mention, it was beautiful to swim in a pool that was completely engulfed by the beautiful, huge Rockies!!
This picture is for my mom! Here is the Main Street Theater where she worked for a summer after she graduated from high school!! It's still there mom...at least I think this is it :)
Our cute little hotel was absolutely perfect and gorgeous, however the only thing it didn't have was a bath. So, Jane was forced to take her first shower... this is her right before the ordeal.
I know this is side ways but too good to pass up! Here she is in the midst of the ordeal...

Here she is right after...poor girl!
We went on a beautiful hike to an amazing water fall hidden inside a mountain. The waterfall was called "Box Canyon Falls".
Here are Ryan and Jane in closer to it!
Here is the view of Ouray as we were hiking down. It doesn't look like its there but it is.
We hiked up another way to the same water fall and this time we got to look down at it from a bridge 200 ft above it! Here are Ryan and Jane hiking through a cave/tunnel to get to it!

Here it is...it's higher than it looks!!!

And here is cute little Jane enjoying some freedom from her "hiking back pack".
We had such a great trip!! What a great way to end our summer :)

6 comments:

Terry and Christina said...

That looks like it was a blast! I want to go to that waterfall! Mary you look soo great! you can't even tell your prego in some of those pics!! jealous!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Mary. My family and I went to Ouray and a few other cute towns in Colorado right after I graduated from High School. Ouray was my favorite. We went to the hot spring pool and hiked to the waterfall. Seeing you guys there makes me want to go back. It truly is a beautiful little town. And I agree with Christina, you look adorable pregnant, in some pics you can barely tell. Take care, Shelle.

Autumn said...

I love Ouray. It is one of the most beautiful places I have visited. Also, congrats on the move to the big girl bed. Summer did okay for about 3 months and then it was back to caged in beds otherwise she would be in my room 2-3 times a night. Very frustrating! We are still working on it.

Heather Harper said...

What a cute place; the town and your hotel! That swimming pool reminds me of the springs in Iceland. I love naturally warm water! I'm glad you guys could get away one more time. MIss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mar! Your vacation looks like it was so much fun. You guys are so adventurous and do such fun things as a family. That is so awesome! You all look great. HOpe you are doing well.

Smittys said...

Addy loves playing in the shower too. She takes toys in there and just plays!!