Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Taking on Washington DC with two kids...

This past week, I had the amazing opportunity to go to Washington DC with my mom and sister to visit my brother and his family. It was so much fun and amazing to see all of the historical sights and monuments. Here we are at the White House! My brother was looking for houses and my sister in law was busy working and studying, so we ended up taking their two year old daughter with us everywhere we went, as well as Jane!! It made the trip extra eventful...and tiring.
Here is the Washington monument- so amazing!!
Jane loved my sunglasses...and hey she does look pretty hott!!
Sorry it's sideways- I'm either dumb or lazy?!!! But The Lincoln monument was so beautiful!!
At the Smithsonian there was an exhibit of historical first lady's dresses. I loved this!!! They were so beautiful and reading up on the first ladies (even back to Martha Washington) was wonderful!!
This was one of my favorite stops (even though it was 90 degrees outside)! We saw Mount Vernon, George Washington's home. It was so beautiful- if I could buy and live in that house right now...I would be there in a second!! Most of the furniture in the house was original to the home and it has an amazing view of the Patomic River (I am sure that is spelled wrong...oh well) out back.
Later we went to the George Washington Museum and they had this section especially for kids where they could touch and play with things. Here is Jane and her cousin Charlotte being Martha and George Washinton- so cute!
Last but not Least, here is a little something Ryan picked up for me while I was away as a welcome home present. He is so sweet...NOT!! This is the hope diamond. It was beautiful!! PS- Ryan was really sweet and deep cleaned the whole house for when Jane and I got home. We sure missed him!! It was an unforgettable trip, but it is good to be home!

4 comments:

Shawn and Ashlyn said...

I am glad you had fun! I would love to see all of those things in real life...I am such a history fanatic!

whitney.evan said...

I love DC! There are so many wonderful things to do and see there. I have also been to Mount Vernon-it was amazing!!!

Melissa Anderson said...

Mary I loved the pictures of your amazing trip. DC is one place that I have actually been to, and I think that it is an AMAZING place! There is SO much history there. So much to see and so much to learn about. Did you make it to Arlington cemetary? I loved it there.

It was really fun taking to you the other night! I am going to miss our scheduled get together once a week! I guess you will now just have to call me once a week so we can hang out...because we both know that I won't, J/k I'm goin to start bugging you more often. Hope you are doing well.

noodle said...

oh how tiring that trip was!!! it was a blast though overall! i love all the pics, love ya mare!