Friday, September 5, 2008

Poop Evolution...

Having my first child, Jane, has left me baffled by the way her poops have grown and evolved right along with her. I'm left asking myself, when did Jane go from poops so liquid-esk that she had nearly daily blowouts in every possible, desperately inconvenient place to poops so log-esk that she has to quite literally stop what she is doing, and with as much concentration and effort as she can muster, push with all her little might just to get them out. Well, I have learned something from observing my adorable little, Jane...poop is never convenient, no matter how small you are. She went from having so much poop she was practically swimming in it, to having so little poop that she has to exert actual effort to produce some. And I have gone from cursing every poopy diaper I would change every several hours to actually praising Jane when she produces one. Well, I never cease to be amazed at how quickly things change in motherhood and believe me I never thought I would find a poopy diaper something to get excited about...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. I have recently added a pooper to my family. So now I get the adventure of the liquidy blowouts and the more firm toddler poops. We had a boy born on August 14 and he is so dang cute. He looks just like Tanner. The Cooper gene is dying because my kids all look like their dad and so does Jessicas. She had her baby daughter on August 2. They are named Zoey and Owen....you'll have to figure out which name went to which child. I'd love to see you or chat. Bye, Autumn

Terry and Christina said...

Mary!! your too funny!!! i love the new look! its cute!! talk to you later!!

Heather Harper said...

I hear ya Mar!!!! You'll be amazed at how much they stink, just like adults. Oh, so fun!

Love ya!